Thursday, May 3, 2012

p.post.1

This is a personal post where I'm talking about my life in general.  Ill do this from time to time, so read if you want to know a little more about me.  If not, skip over to the good stuff.


Life:

What’ new?  Still looking for a job in Atlanta although I have expanded my search to basically anywhere… that is as long as it’s in or near a big city.  I am putting in about 5-10 applications a day, and am starting to forget where I have an haven’t applied.  The money is starting to run out though.  When I worked at NYK, I spent almost all the money paying down credit cards and saving it for the next several rainy days.  My credit cards are back up to where they were, and my savings are down to about a third of what I had, and the bills are stacking up. *Sigh*

I’m not sure what to do.  It looks like I may need to start waiting tables again or something of the sort.  I just know from experience that when I wait tables, I get home all exhausted and drained from the indignifying attitude of Atlanta diners.  If I could get a job as a barista, or something, honestly, I would prefer to work at an hourly flat rate and not have to bend over backwards for a $2 tip.  I’m going to try to start back rating on Google – this will be an experiment though.  They sent me an email a few weeks ago telling me to stop rating because my pace was not fast enough, but they are still sending me emails about rating, and they also sent an email that stated they were increasing the time allowed to do the tasks that they said I was taking too long to do.  But I never received an email saying I could start back rating… I’m so confused.  Even though I hate the job, I don’t really have a choice, and I hate waiting tables more! So, my plan is to log in and start rating and see what happens.  At least if I rate, I can make $1000 a month, which is enough to stay afoot til I find a real job… that is if they let me continue.

Enteeways… my friend told me about his friend who writes articles for pay, write two or three a day and that’s how he supports himself and his child.  So I looked it up, did some research and found some websites where I can start writing articles on demand from businesses and there are different payout models.  One site gives you a pay per article, so you get anywhere from $20-200 per article… but then another site allows you to collect the ad revenue the article brings in instead of an upfront payment.  Finally, I found another site that you have to apply for and they actually review your application and accept or reject you.  That company pays you $20 per article, and then you get a high percentage of the residual ad income from it.  Since I love to research and write, I think this is an excellent opportunity for me to do on the side.  If I do 3 articles per day, spending about an 3 hours doing so, I’d make $60 a day, $300-420 a week and that’s just from the upfront fee.  The residuals are the exciting part.  It’s one of those things that you don’t see much of when you start but the more you do it, the more you see.  Well written articles can make from $5-50 a month in ad revenue.  Let’s say you get $3 a month from each article in ad income.  You write 3 a day, 5 days a week.  That’s 60 articles a month and $180 in extra income, each article stays online for six months, so after six months, your residual income is averaging around $1,080 a month for a total of $1600 a month, from 3 hours a day.

So, I’m going to try it.  If Google lets me continue rating, I can make $1080 a month from 4 hours a day.  And I am definitely going to try the article writing thing too which would be much more interesting and fun in my opinion.  In the meantime, I’m going to continue applying for 5-10 jobs per day, and will be looking for wage jobs like barista or something casual customer service oriented, I just REALLY don’t want to wait tables.


Dating:

I am talking to several guys, but none seem to be biting.  Dating is so frustrating.  There is this one guy that I really really like, and he says he likes me and he always apologizes for not having time, but it never goes anywhere.  It reminds me of this guy I liked last year, it never went anywhere either, but it turned out he was seeing someone else the whole time. I don’t know, I am so over dating.  Anyway, I have liked him since the first time we met… a year and a half ago.  He was in a relationship, so I just waited hoping he would become single eventually, and he did.  So I’m still waiting, and I know what I should do, I should move on.
But I really really like him. UGH.

Just thinking/writing about it makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment